Group SMS Pro (old Pro SMS) is designated to become "killer app" for texters and professional uses.
- Save & reuse sent history
- Send to groups and individuals (very convenient with different choice in contact picker synced with Google contacts/groups, see setting for more info)
- Send SMS from a .CSV or .TXT files and can configure according to your file format, typically compose from MS Excel. Please see a sample file in Help section below.
- Create and manage unlimited templates
- Support pre-defined keyword: $name, $first_name, $now, $next5min, $next15min, $next30min, $next1hour, $next2hour, $tomorrow, $nextweek
- Support user-defined keyword (ex. $prodName, $place)
- Option to delivery report and save sent SMS to Inbox
Note that SMS fee is charged by your telephone operator!
- Template: In the main view, you will see a list of templates.
- Send by template: click in a template.
- Add/delete/edit/edit title: focus on a template then press menu button, or press and hold a template in the list.
- Add macro: During edit template, please menu button to add a pre-defined macro.
- Predefined macros
- $name: Contact's name defined in your address book.
- $first_name: Contact's first name defined in your address book
- $now: time when SMS is sent (ex. 20 Feb 2010), change it format in settings.
- $next5min: now plus 5 minutes
- $next15min: now plus 15 minutes
- $next30min: now plus 30 minutes
- $next1hour: now plus 1 hour
- $next2hour: now plus 2 hours
- $tomorrow: tomorrow from now
- $nextweek: next week from now
- Please email me or comment on this page if you find any useful macro.
- User-defined macro: A macro start with $ sign and end by any of following sign " ?,.;". When you please "send SMS" button, BulkSMS will ask you the value of a user defined macro.
- Send SMS from .CSV file: In the main view, press menu button and select "Send from .CSV file" to send an CSV file. A CSV browse dialog will appear helps you to choose a .csv file. Click on a .csv file to preview SMS list before press "Send SMS" button. Here is a sample file which works with following settings (by press Menu/Settings/CSV
- Encoding: depending on your file, default setting is "System
- Default Folder: path to your CSV folder, this improve file browsing
- Separator: set to ";" (Semicolon)
- Quote: set to
- Skip Lines: set to "1" (one)
- Preview your CSV content: check to preview before sending
- Sender Position: set to "1" (one)
- Content Position: set to "2" (two)
- Delivery Report (checked/unchecked)
- Contact Selector: define how to select a number when a person has multiple numbers
- Save sent SMS to Inbox: If you send a batch of hundreds SMS, this may help you opt-out your SMS after sending!
- Future Time Format: define format for future time keywords. ex in 5 min or 13h5 (i.e. now+5min)
- Default CSV
comma sign: CSV comma is included in your CSV file, please open with a
text editor to know what is your seperator comma between a phone number
and a message
- Default CSV folder: where CSV Send command jumps